I find myself playing many different roles throughout the day, student, intern, work study, friend. Many times transitioning between roles requires drastic changes in clothes, behavior, and the way I talk. I would like to do a video project on the roles females play in society and how they can be drastically different. I live with three uber-feminine girls and I find that they play quite different roles than I do. I think vignettes that explored the ideas of playing roles through wearing clothes and makeup, body language between females and males in different settings, and cadences in conversations between females and females and males and females would be an interesting concept to research and think of ways to express in video.
Piggy backing off this idea I also thought about doing a gender spectrum and creating vignettes that highlight or caricaturize masculine males, feminine males, masculine women and feminine women through same themes of physical actions, clothes, presence, manner of speaking, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment